New York Magazine releases a profile on Jeffrey Epstein, in which Donald Trump says he has known Epstein for 15 years (since 1987) and that he’s a terrific guy.
Some other tidbits from the feature piece that may not be mentioned elsewhere on Trump File:
- It’s rumored that Epstein manages money for the Rockefeller family; he used to be a board member of the Rockefeller Institute.
- He is a member of the Trilateral Commission and the Council on Foreign Relations.
- He once called Bill Clinton “the world’s greatest politician.”
- Friends of Ghislaine Maxwell say that it’s as common to see Prince Andrew at her parties as it is to see Russian prostitutes. Note: Ghislaine’s father Robert Maxwell is known to have worked for the Russian mafia leader Semion Mogilevich, who operates an international sex trafficking ring.
- Epstein began his own firm and started getting billionaire clients out of thin air. No marketing or promotion at all.
- He “bought” his Manhattan residence from Leslie Wexner. He also has his Palm Beach house and a castle in Santa Fe, New Mexico. He had a house in New Albany, Ohio, but he sold it before 2002.
Also quoted in the article are Bill Clinton (through a spokesperson), Jeffrey T. Leeds, Dennis Block, Gerald Edelman, Stephen Kosslyn, Martin Nowak, and Danny Hillis.
Photo: Davidoff Studios/Getty Images