Russia’s Kislovodsk city court rules in favor of banning all online access to information about Semion Mogilevich, his associate Sergei Mikhailov, and their ties to a Russian business.
The ruling forbids the distribution of and any references to:
- All public FBI documents about Semion Mogilevich
- Interpol’s announcement that Mogilevich was added to the most wanted list
- All information about Mogilevich’s criminal history
- All information about Sergei Mikhailov’s criminal history, including prison time
- Any mention of Mikhailov as a co-owner of the Mercator Holding company
- An Interpol “Millenium” report which named Stanislav Nikolaev as an associate of Mogilevich
- An Interpol report on the Solntsevo mafia group led by Mikhailov
- Related decisions by the Federal Antimonopoly Service and the Arbitration Courts
The business, Mercator Holding LLC, which was founded by Mikhailov, has received possibly billions in funding from the Russian government.